Friday, April 29, 2011

Lupron, Menopur & Follistim.......OH MY!!!

Well, I've been meaning to do an update for several days and I just haven't taken the time to write. Lots has happened since my last update. Here's the latest:
On Friday, April 15, we started Lupron injections. So far so good, it is a breeze to inject, the side effects, however, are the devil!!! I've had the worst mood swings ever!! My co-workers think I'm a crazy person. HA! I started out doing 10 units, now I'm doing 5 units. My last birth control pill was April 17. I started my period on April 20 and had an ultrasound on April 25 to make sure I didn't have any cysts on my ovaries. The ultrasound looked good and my RE told me I could start Menopur that night. Woo-hoo!! Let's get this party started!! I'm doing 150 units of Menopur and Thursday I had my first monitoring appointment. My RE called after she read the ultrasound and said to add 25 more units of Menopur and to pack my bags because Dr Rizk wants us in Mobile for the remainder of the IVF(we live 3 hours away).  So, we left after work yesterday and drove down to Mobile. Our new home for the next 11 days will be our hotel room.  I had another monitoring appointment today and everything is looking just like it should. I also started Follistim today. Instead of trying to draw up 25 units of Menopur in the syringe, I can use the Follistim pen and it will be exactly the right amount of medicine. And let me tell you, the Follistim Pen is SO much easier to use!! I love it! I have another appointment at 8 am tomorrow, hopefully everything is still looking good. We have a lot of free time on our hands since we're not working while we're here, so I will try to do a better job at keeping this blog updated! Have a great night!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Soooo exciting! Things are really moving! Can't wait to hear more updates!