Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Monday's appointment update

My appointment on Monday went really well! We got to Mobile Sunday night around 10pm and checked in to the hotel. We got up Monday morning, had breakfast and headed to the doctors office. When we got there, they sent me across the street for an ultrasound and everything looked fine. Then we talked to the doctor and he wanted to do a Hysteroscopy because it had been about 6 months since my last one. Boy was that uncomfortable!! OUCH!!  It was going good until they injected the saline in! But, he said my uterus looked good and everything looked normal. After the hysteroscopy, they took some blood from Erick and myself and then they gave us the 30 pages of paperwork to look over and sign. Holy Moly! As of tomorrow, we will OFFICIALLY be in our first IVF cycle! WOO!! I start the birth control pills tomorrow and then I'll do a Lupron shot, then Menopur, retrieval and transfer!! The only thing that could possibly cancel our cycle is if my doctors wife gets any worse. As I mentioned before, she has cancer. She was in Houston, TX a couple of weeks ago but now she's back in Mobile. From what I understand, she's in the end stage of leukemia. It is so sad! He is such a nice guy and was so professional when we talked to him Monday. He was smiling and laughing with the staff, you would never know that his wife is ill. I told my husband that he is truly dedicated to his patients to be at the office when he should be with his wife. I don't think he was there very long that day, his nurse practitioner told us that she hand picked his patients for Monday and we were one of the lucky 5 that she picked! I felt so special!

I will keep this blog updated through our journey but, it will be pretty boring for the next 21 days only having to take a birth control pill everyday. I am excited and nervous for us! I just pray that it will work like we hope it will!! God is good......all the time!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for following my blog good luck with your cycle. I'll be praying for you.

Dawn said...

Praying that your first cycle is a success!!!

Cora said...

God is good....and He knows what is best. I will be praying for you both and for the Dr.'s wife.
Blessings

LC said...

Wishing you luck! Hope your first IVF is your last! :)

Unknown said...

Hey!! We arent that far from each other on our IVF cycles! Im a little ahead of you so if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask!! Good luck.. Ill be praying for you!